Moving is a complicated exercise in coordination. We get local Roanoke area home sellers calling us or submitting their house info on this website often saying “I’m Moving and need to sell my house in Roanoke VA“. The great thing is that we’re able to help a good many of those sellers sell their house quickly (because we’re actively buying houses in Roanoke, VA right now!).
There’s an insane amount of details to keep together, plus the stress of whatever is making you move in the first place – often it’s a new job or a sick relative, but the true need to move always comes with a dramatic change.
So how do you make the most out of a difficult situation?
Don’t Agonize – Organize.
You don’t want to be in a situation where you end up paying to own and maintain a vacant house for 2 years. That gets expensive and it doesn’t have to be that way.
Although the market is relatively stable right now in Roanoke, things can change in the blink of an eye. We’ve heard some serious horror stories over the past couple of years. Unless you a substantial amount of expendable income you probably cannot afford to wait it out.
So how do you make the right choices when you’re relocating and need to sell your Roanoke, VA house fast?
Moving And Need To Sell My House Fast In Roanoke… Your Options And Steps
- Find out what your house is worth: To do this you can contact a reputable real estate agent or connect with us and we can give you a no cost no obligation valuation on your property. Once you know what the house may be able to sell for in the current market and current condition… that sets the basis for how long you may or may not be able / willing to sell the house.
- Decide how fast you need to sell your house after you relocate: This is a biggie. I’ve seen professionals who moved out of state for a job who had their house on the market for over a year before selling it for a much much lower price than they hoped. Decide how fast you need to sell your house… and how long you’re willing to keep making 2 mortgage payments, insurance payments, property taxes, upkeep, etc.
- Find a solid real estate agent BEFORE you start packing boxes: Get the ball rolling early so you don’t waste any time. Every month that you wait or every month that it takes to sell the house… costs you money. Or if you don’t want to use a real estate agent to sell… we are a reputable local house buyer and we’d love to make you a fast-fair all cash offer. Just fill out the form through this link to get started >>
- Calculate the value of selling your house fast vs. “waiting it out” for a dream price: We all want to sell our houses for as much as possible. But one thing many people forget to do is come up with the $ amount of how much it costs you to hold onto this house. The costs involved include the mortgage (which if you’re still within the first 10 years of the mortgage, the majority of your payment interest and not hardly going to principal at all), insurance, taxes, maintenance, etc. Lets say you want to sell your house for $200,000… and your mortgage payment is $1,200/mo, taxes $200/mo, $100/mo for insurance, and $100/mo for maintenance (lawn maintenance, repairs while you’re gone, etc.). Those expenses add up to $1,600/mo in “non equity building” expenses. If it takes you 7 months to sell that house through a real estate agent for that $200,000… it cost you $11,200 in DIRECT “holding costs” + you had to pay $12,000 in real estate agent fees (assuming 3% for the buyers agent and 3% for the sellers agent). Totaling $23,200 in LOST money. That doesn’t even account for the value of your time, your stress in thinking about that property sitting on the market, the opportunity cost of what you could have been doing with that extra money during those 7 months, etc. So the real cost to you was likely closer to $30,000. But, what if you were to sell your house next week and avoid all of that? Even if you sold for a discount below the retail price (lets say… $175,000)… you’re still ahead of the game by selling the house NOW at a discount to a home buyer like our company vs. 7 months later at full price (and paying holding costs and real estate agent fees). Make sense?
- Take action!: Whatever you decide… decide and take action. If you want to go the real estate agent route, great! Find a reputable local Roanoke Virginia agent. If you’d rather not have to wait and not have to pay real estate agent commissions… then a viable option may be to sell your house to us.
If you’ve got a lot of time on your side and a really great property, you might want to test the market by offering it out at a high price. There’s a small chance someone might just fall in love and be willing to overpay – people do crazy things for love.
Most properties are pretty average, in reality. They tend to be like the other houses around them, in the same way that people who live near each other tend to have a lot in common too. So unless your property is truly exceptional, as in magazine-quality extra-special, you won’t capture the most money in the market by pricing at the highest point.
You can also win by marketing your property for rent and sale at the same time, just to see what happens first. You have to maintain control of the process, which can confuse even seasoned real estate brokers.
In certain situations, we may partner with property owners to help secure lease option agreements where highly qualified purchasers rent the property for an agreed time before buying.
In other cases, we may help renegotiate a loan, help make monthly payments or conduct a short sale with a bank.
We love helping people solve complicated problems.
A direct cash sale to Linken Investments means the deal won’t fall through! We buy homes as-is and can close fast at because we are cash buyers! Just set the closing date that works best for you and leave everything else behind. You don’t even need to clean. We will make an offer you agree is fair for your home. We make the process easy, which is the best reason to sell your house as-is in Roanoke. Send us a message or call Linken Investments LLC. at 540-596-5030 to learn more!
Give us a call anytime 540-596-5030 or fill out the form here today!
Linken Investments, Roanoke’s Trusted Home Buyer and Seller
Linken Investments LLC. is a local real estate solutions company based out of Lynchburg, VA. We are Roanoke’s Trusted Cash Home Buyers. We have been buying houses for cash in the Roanoke area since 2005. We are also Licensed Realtors in the state of Virginia. Since we are a real estate investment company as well as a licensed and reputable real estate agent, we have multiple ways we can work with you to sell your home on your schedule and for the highest price. We provide you a way to see all of your options in one spot, letting you choose whether you want to maximize the price of your sale by listing on the Roanoke area MLS or whether selling fast and simply is more important to you.
Our years of experience are one reason clients trust Linken Investments to complete the sale of their Roanoke area property quickly with honesty and integrity. We’re a family-owned business and focus on helping homeowners like you find solutions to your problem whether you’re going through a foreclosure, selling an inherited property, or just need to sell your house fast for any reason. Linken Investments offers you the chance to sell your Roanoke home in a simple, stress-free, cash transaction, or you can list the house with us. We’ll sell your Roanoke area house at the highest possible price with our wide buyer network and the best marketing in Virginia.
Linken Investments can buy your home exactly as it is, no repairs or cleaning needed, and we pay all cash and close fast, in as little as 7 days or when it works best for you. Think of all the time and money that can save you. There’s no easier or quicker way to sell your Roanoke house fast and get on with the next chapter in your life. We Buy Houses Roanoke VA.
It won’t cost you any money and only about an hour of your time to find out how much cash we’ll pay you for your house. And you’ll be under no obligation to accept our offer, so you have nothing to lose but a house that’s standing between you and the life you want to enjoy.
Give us a call or text anytime 540-596-5030 or fill out the short form here today!